Support for Investors:
- Employment growth
According to experts more than 3/4 of employers from the Life Sciences industry had a plan to hire new employees in 2021.
- Important sector
The pharmaceutical sector generates around 1 percent of GDP, directly and indirectly creating nearly 100,000 jobs.
- Sector potential
In 2019, the exports of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries increased by 11% compared to the previous year, and the growth was twice as fast as the total Polish exports. According to GUS, the pharmaceutical industry is a leader in product innovation, ahead of the production of computers, electronic and optical products.
Mature and stable market for the production of generics
The largest pharmaceutical companies continue to invest in building new, big teams in Poland. The demand for specialists in the area of quality - control, systems or validation - is still growing. The year 2021, and the time after the pandemic of coronavirus, is a good time for career development for experts from these areas. There is also a great demand for new employees in Poland in the area of clinical trials - here we can observe the largest salary increases. The year 2020, when the pandemic began, was also a big challenge for pharmacies. The growing number of recruitments in the sector expanded the talent pool in this area.
The Pharmaceutical Industry in Figures. Key data 2020, EFPIA: European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations, p. 7.
Well-educated talent pool, strong academic base for pharma & biopharma
- 25 707 - Number of graduates in the Health sector in 2019
- 1st in CEE - Number of graduates in biopharma related degrees
- 5th in Europe - Number of graduates in biopharma related degrees
- >40 - Number of higher education institutions focused on skills relevant for the biopharma industry
Trusted by major international players. Proven investment location for industry, BSS and R&D centers
- 78,2 - FDI inflows in 2019 in the pharmaceutical manufacturing sector (mln EUR)
- 17 - Number of top biopharma companies in Poland
- 31 - Number of successful investments
- 640 - Value of total investments (mln EUR)
- 3300 - Number of jobs created
Poland Pharmaceuticals - Succeed With Poland