Support for Investors:
Strategic location allowing to reduce costs
Poland’s unique geographic position allows for a quick and steady supply of automotive parts to major assembly plants and harbours within the same day.
Poland lies on the crossroads of key logistical routes, including the renowned New Silk Road project.
Well-developed automotive sector as a strong basis for electromobility
In years 2015-2019, Polish sector of automotive parts was the fastest growing in the world. Poland is at the forefront when it comes to automotive investments in Europe. According to data from the automotive industry in Q1 2021, the value of sold motor vehicles, trailers and semi-trailers in Poland amounted to 48.5 bn PLN. It's about 11.2% more than in the same period of 2020. At the end of Q1 2021, in the production plants of vehicles, trailers and semi-trailers as well as parts and accessories, employing more than 9 employees, the average employment was 200.4k people. In the group of medium and large companies (over 49 people), the average employment was after Q1 2021 192.2k. people.
- 100% growth of industrial production sold for Polish automotive sector over the last decade
- No excise & duty tax and free parking for electric vehicles
In 2017, there were 1 380 automotive manufacturing enterprises in Poland, compared to 1 093 in Czechia, 501 in Slovakia and 489 in Hungary
- 300K engineering students, the largest pool of working age adults with sound technical education in this region
- 50K new jobs will be created in electromobility over the next decade
Sources: International Trade Centre statistics; PIE: The automotive industry in the Visegrad Group countries, August 2019.
Largest factory of electric batteries in Europe
- Expected capacity will be the largest in Europe with 100GWh p.a.
- > 50% of public transport vehicles will be electric or hybrid by 2030
- The factory is stimulating formation of a cluster in Lower Silesia centred around EV solutions
- Unique and the most effective LiIon technology offering products at the most competitive price, below USD 100 per KWh
Sector supported by strategic documents
Electromobility is one of the most important parts of the Strategy for Responsible Development - main Polish strategic document. The project assumes that by 2025, there will be a million electric vehicles on polish roads. It is going to implement steps to electrify public transport as well. These projects play a key role in the development of innovation in the Polish economy.
Poland Electromobility - Succeed With Poland